Monday, September 15, 2014

Introduction Post

Helene Reich is a pen name that I have chosen to use for my new adult writing. I was born in the great state of Wyoming and raised in the hills of Central Texas. I lived on the Jersey Shore for ten years. Yes that Jersey Shore, I was about 10 to 15 minutes (depending on traffic) from the shore house where MTV taped the series.

I'm now back in Austin and so happy to be back. I have two children who are 11 years apart. Yes, I know I am crazy to go through with the parenting thing all over again at that point, but I wouldn't have it any other way. My oldest will be a senior in high school when the youngest starts Kindergarten.

I have kept a journal of some sort, most of the time, since high school. Now, instead of keeping a journal I write young adult stories in the paranormal realm. It was in the 6th grade that my English teacher had us all write and illustrate our own books, which she then had bound for us. Ever since then I have thought about writing in some form or another.

I graduated Magna Cum Laude with a BA in History and 3 teacher certificates. No, I haven't done anything with that expensive education that I worked so hard at graduating with honors. Yet. It was with this history degree that I had thought about possibly writing research books on local and not so local historical topics.

My hobbies include photography and genealogy. I am also relearning German. Yes, relearning. I took three years in high school and two years in college. After not speaking the language with anyone for years I am back to learning it along with my dad, who was born in Germany. Oh, and did I forget to mention writing and reading? :-) Again, thanks to the genealogy research I have also gained an idea for a book that would be more on the research, historical, and nonfiction side. Who knows, maybe I'll write them all. 

For now though, I am happy writing new adult under the pen name Helene Reich and young adult and middle grade fiction under the name Heather Helene.

Other places you can find me on the web as Helene Reich:

Twitter Goodreads

Other places you can find me on the web as Heather Helene:

Twitter Facebook Google+ Tumblr

Goodreads Pinterest Instagram


I also blog about young adult and middle grade writing at:

Adventures in Writerland Writers by the Shore

No comments:

Post a Comment